What breed are they or hybrid????

yeah my guess is white leghorn cross cause on that white one i thought " ugh a leghorn " im not a leghorn chicken lover my mom says they are a mean chicken only leghorn i like is Foghorn Leghorn from Looney Toons ^_^

I thought leghorn chickens had "white" earlobes. That is how I determined that the meat chickens were indeed meat chickens because their earlobes turned red!!!?????? Would it be the same if they were some sorta cross as well? Do they have grey legs?

This year Tetra Tints have caused no end of head-scratching for people. They're a hatchery blend (I think only sold out of TSC stores). Clearly part of the blend is Leghorn and/or California whites, but I'm not sure on the rest. Since it's a new 'breed' that is being developed by a hatchery (not known for genetic standards), who knows what will pop up in them!

I have seen other people posting about getting green legs in their Tetra Tints, so it's my opinion that yours are all Tetra Tints. You'll have to keep us updated on what color eggs they lay! I think they're supposed to be cream colored.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and I will definitely get back to you all on the growing and color of eggs. Does anyone happen to know when I should expect an egg??????

My girls are about 15wks old and they just got their combs and wattles. I read they start laying early, 16-18 weeks, and if my girls' overnight development means anything, the Amberlinks will soon have some TT company in the nest boxes soon! They should have creamy to light brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom