What breed are they?

welcome-byc.gif

I'm honestly puzzled by these birds.

The white bird with red is classic red sex link coloring, but the comb is way, way less than I'd expect at 11 weeks. The all white birds also don't look male to me, especially at that age. Can you post pics again in a month or so? Of course, if at any time they start crowing, there's your answer.

Im hoping they are pullets but i think i might have to wait and see. Yesterday they started making a few clucking noises they went lile this pok pok pok pok lol but no signs of crowing.

Sorry. Those are red sex links, which means they are 100000000000% boys. You probably won't start hearing crowing till the 16-17th week.

Thanks for your input on this topic but i recently read that sex link is only good for 1 generation. These were bred in a backyard. Another friend suggested that they may be leghorn?

Thanks for your input on this topic but i recently read that sex link is only good for 1 generation. These were bred in a backyard. Another friend suggested that they may be leghorn?
There not Leghorns. They're hybrids of some kind, although they could have some White Leghorn in them. That is some worthwhile information that they were bred in a backyard. Of course that doesn't exclude them being Red Sex Links. It depends on what the parents were. Any red gene rooster (RIR, NHR, Production Red, etc.) crossed with a silver gene hen will produce a Red Sex Link. This can easily be done in a backyard. It's also possible that there is more than one set of parents involved here and that only the one with the reddish feathering is a Red Sex Link. There's also the possibility that none of them are Red Sex Links. Is there any way you can find out what kind of roosters and hens that the backyard owner where they were bred has? That would help clear up the mystery as to what kind of hybrids they are.

Back
Top Bottom