What breed are we?? Ducklings..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mamaboyd, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    So far that I know of I have 3 black Swedish Ducklings, at least 1 Blue Swedish Duckiling ( from me doing lots of googling last night), and than the last 3, I am not sure what they are. There is one that is all yellow/greenish/beige, and than the other is yellow/greenish/beige and is taller and leaner than the others. They are in the center and back of the picture. Does anyone have any guesses?

Okay, they don't look as greenish in the pics as they do in real. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Congrats!

So Cute!

Well A few may be Swedish, havent been around many ducklings except my own, so thats my best guess:)

3. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    I know nothing about ducks or water fowl for that, but I think their breed must be "Pure cuteness" because they are all so darn cute! [​IMG]

4. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    OMG I don't know, I'm just getting into the waterfowl but they are sooooooo cute...CONGRATS [​IMG]

5. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Funny, I was going to say they must be some kind of "cute." I guess I'm not the only one to suggest that.

Well there are two that look like a rouen or a mallard mixed with something, probably a white duck (pekin, fawn & white runner????).

Similar to the comment by Goat_Walker -- I've only seen rouen ducklings -- so I can't really say for sure.

6. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I think I see 2 blue suede's, and at least 1 rouen.

7. mamaboyd

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Thanks, they are cute aren't they!! I was hoping for a Rouen but the guy I got them from told me he didn't have any Rouens there, but maybe he was wrong. I probably have some mixed ducks as the guy had so many different types running around together [​IMG] but I don't mind This is my first experience with ducks so I haven't a clue really except for the black swedish.
    I have 3 muscovy's in the bator right now and one of them pipped last night on day 32. [​IMG]

8. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i dont know what they are but they are cute

9. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I'm gonna guess 1 0r 2 are mutts. The one that looks rouen could either be a mallard, wood duck, or muscovy cross. The red one might be a red muscovy duckling. I only say that because Muscovies are the only type i know of that can have red fuzz. Here's a pic of 1:
    [​IMG]

10. mamaboyd

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Aww... that pic is so cute!! [​IMG]
    I keep looking at the pics I posted and I'm wondering if there is a way to tell by the size/shape of the bills?? Some are short, some are long and some start higher up on the face....if I'm making any sense at all [​IMG]

P.S. Bantyhugger, did your red muscovy go the whole 35 day incubating? It looks alot like my one duckling, but it came around day 24 .

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by