1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What breed are we? help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lsutigers1809, Mar 4, 2013.

1. lsutigers1809

lsutigers1809 In the Brooder

Mar 4, 2013
    louisian
    Hello this is my first post I've been reading for awhile and thanks to all of you i have successful flock. Now my wife has found she loves chickens so much so when i came home from work i had 16 new chicks she bought at tractor Supply. The problem is i don't know the breeds that most of them are so i figured with all the knowledge on this site mAybe if i post some Pics that someone may have an idea what breeds i have. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1.[​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4.[​IMG]

5.[​IMG]

6.[​IMG]

2. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Songster

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Here are my guesses (just guesses!)

1 could be a dark brahma. Are those feathers on its legs? Does it have a pea comb?
    2 could be anything barred: a rock, a cuckoo marans, dominique, or sex-link roo
    3 is probably either a brahma or cochin, depending on its comb (brahmas have pea combs, cochins have single)
    4 looks like a production red
    5 looks like a blue-laced red wyandotte
    6 looks like an easter egger.

You're going to have a colorful flock!

3. lsutigers1809

Mar 4, 2013
    louisian
    ThAnks for the help!!! atleast we have an idea now they all have regular combs except the wyandotte it has a flat comb. I gotta figure out how to integrate these new.chicks in with the old flock 7 reds one buff orph and 2 phoinex

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  4. vickichicki

vickichicki Songster

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ok, it might just be me, do the chicks in pictures 1 2 3 and 5 looks to have really puffy feet?

Maybe someone else could have a look.

5. lsutigers1809

Mar 4, 2013
    louisian
    They do look rather big does that mean anything?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by