What breed are we? lol...

When I bought my all my hens as pullets, I asked for brown egg layers. I asked for 10 RIR (which I had as a kid), But I aslo wanted to try other brown layers. I thought that the (who I know are called) Silver Laced Wyandottes were so cute as chicks, so I got 10 of them. Needing 5 more to finish off my run of 25, I decided on Black Sexlinks. The man at the hatchery, tossed in a 26th pullet of good luck? That where my "Odd Ball" comes in..... I thought as she grew she looked a lot like the sexlinks, but she did not stay black like the rest. My sexlink grew goldish/orange feathers in their breasts, "ODD Ball" grew them all over?
speckledhen: It would be interesting to know the egg color she lays.

All my babies lay Brown eggs, 5 or so shades of brown from so pale almost pinkish to a rich chocolate milk brown, but all brown.

Now I am more lost than b4, You all have thrown out names of breeds I don't recall seeing at the hatchery?

Hmm?​

She looks like what DH calls a Straw Necked Black Sex Link.
We have several that have that golden color on their necks & it goes down into their backs & chest, getting darker as it goes. The ones we have are Black Sex Links. We hatched them, so I know that is is what ours are.

Yours could be this or something else. Just wanted to give you another opinion.

Jean

Back
Top Bottom