what breed bantam is she??

Thanks all..it doesnt really matter to me what she is..I was just curious! I think she is pretty..she went broody..so I stuck 3 Orp eggs under her...with this cold..it will be a miracle if they hatch!! Its my bored with winter experiment!

maybe silver laced cochin but a bad sq with no cushion
big_smile.png

I say cochin/brahma mix. She is a beauty for sure. Any cochin/brahma mixes I have hatched out here have all been single combed with a little less intense feathering on the feet just like your girl.

She looks just like my little hen.
Amazingly so. My hen has light tail feathers. I have to see if I have a better pic than this. One that shows how much they look alike.
I think she might be cochin and brahma? My hen is sweet too . I purchased her at the farm market about 3 years ago but I dont know how old she is or where that girl got her. Could be from a hatchery maybe TSC?
34773_new_large_2.jpg

additional pic I found

34773_getattachment.jpg

Last edited:
Barngem...she does look just like yours!! The kid I bought her from showed me the "parents" and if I remember correctly they were both standard chochin/l brahma...but I figured he must have been wrong because she is so little! So I thought maybe she was some other breeding. How could you get a bantam from standards??

Quote:
Wonder if that is possible like for a genetic throw back type thing (for lack of a more technical term LOL)

I added another pic

I would love to have another one like her. She will go broody if she even lays an egg. She is quite the momma.

We started out with her then he was from a farm I worked on, I brought home a couple eggs and she sat them. The eggs were from some Show stock Old English Bantams. He is the sweetest guy. Anyway, we have 4 Sumatras that are just now around 7 months and we want a small hen for our little guy even the little white hen (Chicky A. Chicken[name]) is bigger than him and she is not very big about the size of a grouse I think. He (Scooter A. Rooster [name]) is about the size of a pigeon but thinks he is huge.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom