What breed cockerel

Tj1987

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2018
This guy I picked up free of my cousin, but they don't know species very well, but his from a mixed flock..
was wondering if what you might think the patterns are. Very flighty fellow.

Attachments

• 20180127_094829.jpg
    20180127_094829.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 19
I'm not entirely sure however it looks a bit like possibly a silver-laced Wyandotte X. It could also be some variation of a Sussex X. I'm sure someone around here could give you a definite answer though. Good luck! whatever breed he is he is Beautiful!

His plumage looks like he's got lacing genes going on, and he's definitely silver. Because silver is co-dominant, you can actually produce sex-linked babies if you cross him with a red or buff hen- you would get all silver female chicks, and all yellow/"golden" males.

His plumage looks like he's got lacing genes going on, and he's definitely silver. Because silver is co-dominant, you can actually produce sex-linked babies if you cross him with a red or buff hen- you would get all silver female chicks, and all yellow/"golden" males.

I have two young Sussex pullets. At the moment my knowledge with chicken genetics is limited, but are they suitable for sex linking?

Back
Top Bottom