1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Breed do yall think these are??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MBagel, Apr 16, 2012.

1. MBagel

MBagel Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    East Texas
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I got all these prettys from tractor supply can anyone help me with what breed they are? in the pic below i know that is a RIR pullet on the left, the three in the middle are the ones i am curious about.. If anyone can pick out roosters feel free to do so, I know the black and white one is a rooster his name is Ricky (Pretty Ricky) lol

[​IMG]

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    The grey one is most likely an EE (most likely female)
    The white one is a Columbian Wyandotte male
    The buff on is a Buff Orpington (most likely female)

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    black Cochin cockerel
    golden Sebright pullet
    BBR OEGB cockerel
    bantam columbian Wyandotte cockerel
    OEGB pullet (not sure what this color is called but need to find out since I have a couple)
    buff Cochin pullet

4. MBagel

Mar 28, 2012
    East Texas
    Thanks Guys!!! looks like i might have to many roosters in the hen house! guess thats what happens on a educated guess! really appreciate the info!!

5. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    X2

I think the pullet in question is a self blue :) I have a roo to match :)

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    The one that looks like a Sebright has a straight comb. I think it's a Golden Laced OEBG. Also, the one that is blueish and brown looks like it has a beard and muffs and a rose comb. Am I seeing things? Looks like an EE bantam.

7. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Nice catch. I looked at the combs closely and missed that one! I agree, bantam EE. As for the sebright, who has golden laced OEGBs? It could be a sebright from a hatchery, they don't always have the proper combs...you should see my white d'uccle with a crest!!!

8. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 2 hatchery bantam partridge Wyandottes with single combs. The other 2 have the proper rose combs. So, until this year I would have ruled out a breed just because of their combs.

9. MBagel

Mar 28, 2012
    East Texas
    juliechick I think you are right! I took a better picture of her and as for the Sebright I got them from Atwoods I am not sure what Hatchery they used though. color [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Ooooooh, she could be a blue quail D'Anver... The gold laced I am still saying is a gold Sebright.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by