What breed do you think?

mraeirish

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2020
This little lady came as part of a mixed rare breed order. Any clues what she may be? I’m thinking maybe a Cochin or a Dark Brahma?

Attachments

• 218D654E-997D-4D7E-8558-1C95FD4A461C.jpeg
    218D654E-997D-4D7E-8558-1C95FD4A461C.jpeg
    946.1 KB · Views: 13
Meyer Hatchery - I’m new to chickens. How can you tell it’s bearded? I also thought there were only a couple breeds with feathered legs. I’d love to know your guess!
See the fluff underneath its beak and by its eyes? That is a beard and muffs! There are quite a few breeds with feathered legs, but this chick is a crossbreed! Meyer Hatchery carries many crosses with this potential look (all the various colored layers). Your chick is likely an Olive Egger or Green Queen with Marans and Easter Egger or Ameraucana blood

See the fluff underneath its beak and by its eyes? That is a beard and muffs! There are quite a few breeds with feathered legs, but this chick is a crossbreed! Meyer Hatchery carries many crosses with this potential look (all the various colored layers). Your chick is likely an Olive Egger or Green Queen with Marans and Easter Egger or Ameraucana blood
Thank you for the awesome details!!

Thank you for the awesome details!!
Do you think this one is also an olive egger/green queen/easter egger? She also has fuzzy legs but has more fluff around the cheeks than my black marans.

Attachments

• 1D362581-F305-4CF3-9588-078514D5AC44.jpeg
    1D362581-F305-4CF3-9588-078514D5AC44.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 6
Agree, likely Marans/Ameraucana mix common Olive Egger blend. They are quite beautiful as adults.😊

Back
Top Bottom