What Breed EE??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by phantomml, May 6, 2011.

1. phantomml

phantomml Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    New Waterford
    Hi I have a few different chicks that I am just not sure- it was a mixed lot from a breeder who had several different kinds. The lady said it has to be one of the following:
    Araucana, Americana, Barred Plymounth, Black Giants, Columbian Wyndottes, Buff or Lavendar Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, Black copper maran, or Sussex

This one was born from a light tan egg, I was thinking Americana, it had the chipmunk appearance, and it looks like it, but the light tan egg??

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Sussex and other kinds of chicks can also have a chipmonk look to them. I would not say and EE because their legs are grey/green/greenish grey, and yours are VERY yellow. I did have a little EE who had yellow tinted legs but soon grew out of that and turned VERY green...but they were not that yellow. It also depends on the comb shape, does it have points to them or is it flat and bumpy? So I would probably say Sussex just based on the list....

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:I agree and wanted to type sussex in my last answer, but did wasn't sure, but that was my guess as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by