What breed for these babies?

Cwillenburg

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Got these two from a pullet bin, the others that I grabbed are obviously EE amd Sapphire Gems. I thought orpington for the yellow one at first but the comb doesn't look right.
20210228_100220.jpg
20210228_094458.jpg
20210228_100339.jpg
20210228_094546.jpg

I was thinking some kind of Wyandotte with that comb, but now that you mention Chantecler I think that's a better guess.

Buff or white? I'm having trouble deciding what color those feathers are.
Good point. The chick down looked buff, but those wing feathers might actually be white. I don't believe White Chanteclers are frequently stocked, so it may be a different breed entirely. I think this may be a waiting game

Good point. The chick down looked buff, but those wing feathers might actually be white. I don't believe White Chanteclers are frequently stocked, so it may be a different breed entirely. I think this may be a waiting game
The wing tips are coming in and definitely look buff. I will wait a few weeks and post again though 🙂

I think Ideal Poultry. I looked at their website and that's my thought too
The wing tips are coming in and definitely look buff. I will wait a few weeks and post again though 🙂

Ideal has Buff Chanteclers and Buff Wyandottes, and both would have combs that look flat at that age, so I guess we'll still have to wait and see :D

Back
Top Bottom