What breed/ gender are these chicks?

Ggden

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2021
Hi need help with figuring out breed and gender for these 4. I'm hoping for hens (fingers crossed). I'm guessing maybe 3 months old. The feed store wasn't too sure
20210801_140133.jpg
20210801_140118.jpg
20210801_140106.jpg
20210801_140051.jpg

I'd guess these are all Aracauna (they seem to have absolutely no tail) or mixes and the top two are pullets, the bottom two cockerels.

Last edited:
All pullets. 1,2, and 4 are Easter Eggers and 3 is likely an Australorp assuming it has white foot bottoms. I think you might have a bit of a picking problem since none of them have tails :/
Yeah we noticed that. They all came from a feed store nearby and the majority looked like that :/ So far they've been doing well with my flock so I hope no more issues like that for these gals. Thank you so much

Yeah we noticed that. They all came from a feed store nearby and the majority looked like that :/ So far they've been doing well with my flock so I hope no more issues like that for these gals. Thank you so much
That's good! They look healthy apart from the tails. It might have been another bird they were kept with that was causing the problem. Usually the "picker" will have their tail feathers while the others lack them so hopefully none of your girls have the habit! :)

They are all pullets except 4 (I think, 4 could easily be a pullet). They are Easter Eggers, except for 3 which looks like an Australorp. There pretty even without tails. :)

Back
Top Bottom