What breed/gender are THESE?

Here are the two BLR Wyandottes. First the young one. Hoping its a hen, still not sure though.

This is the older one. Her legs are a little pale. Someone I know had told me that if the legs start to look like they were bleached that could mean they are past laying age. The person I had bought them from got them at a auction for me. So I'm not sure how its all going to work out. I would have liked to keep them seperated until I knew that they were fine, but it was a spur of the moment kinda thing and I didn't have time to get it set up.

Thank-you everyone that helps out.

Here are the two BLR Wyandottes. First the young one. Hoping its a hen, still not sure though.

This is the older one. Her legs are a little pale. Someone I know had told me that if the legs start to look like they were bleached that could mean they are past laying age. The person I had bought them from got them at a auction for me. So I'm not sure how its all going to work out. I would have liked to keep them seperated until I knew that they were fine, but it was a spur of the moment kinda thing and I didn't have time to get it set up.

I think pale legs usually means she is laying. My hens' legs return to yellow when they molt.

I would be inclined to say the top BLRW is male due to the dark shoulders.

I'm not sure about the other chick--legs and beak look yellowish. Maybe Buff Leghorn?

Back
Top Bottom