What breed has blue legs?

smk2010

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 25, 2010
6 weeks ago we ordered some chicks on line and when they were delivered it turned out that we also receive 4 "rare breed" chicks. They did not state what breed they are or what sex they are (we ordered all pullets). I have one chick I'm assuming is one of the "rare breed" chicks that at 6 weeks old is a blue/gray/silver (almost a steel grey) in color, has bluish legs, and has a slightly larger comb than the other chicks (may be a rooster). I do not have any pictures of it yet but I will try and get some tonight. Does anyone have any idea what breed this chick might be??

I will try and get a couple of pictures tonight and post them in the morning. It looks like it could possably be a Blue Andalusian from the pictures I saw of them.

OK - I finally have some pictures to post of the chick...now if I can just figgure out how...

This I believe is one of the rare-breed chicks we received as a bonus to our order. What breed and sex do you think it is? I'm guessing it is a roo. They are about 6 weeks old.

47722_chick_3.jpg

47722_chick_1.jpg

I'm pretty sure this one is one of the Golden Wyandottes pullets. What do you think?

47722_chick_2.jpg

Thank you! I guess the brown one could be an EE - since we did order a few of them as well, and her legs are a little darker/bluer than most of the other chicks (excluding the blue chick who has the darkest legs). I haven't looked at them very close yet. I wonder if the brown chick has any sign of the fluffy cheeks yet. What color eggs do blue andalusians lay? Any chance the blue could be a pullet or is it definitely a rooster?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom