What breed has white chicks

these white chicks were not pale yellow - they were stark white which is what made them stand out to me. I may have to make the trek back there to look again. I'm really afraid if I go that I might come home with some chicks and I really have enough chickens right now. This is a very strong addiction! I must be strong, Imust be strong!

OK - I went back and looked. They now have the bin labeled as assorted bantams. They are very white with pink legs and you can see that they have pink skin. No feathers on legs. So what bantams are hatched pure white?

There are also bantams with feathered legs. Can I assume these are Cochins? I guess I'm going to go back after work and take some home. I have tried ever so hard to resist but I am not being successful. When I studied legs to answer the question of color in regard to the white chicks I noticed the feathered legs!! I love Cochins and have been wanting the bantam version as well.

I need to go to Chickens Anonymous. I suspect I would meet many of you there...

that bottom picture of the white one looks to be a polish. It looks to have a top knot and my white cochin had yellow beak and legs not gray

Could be an EE. Is it growing any slower or faster than others? The only "white" chicks I've had are EEs. Everyone else starts out yellow, then grow up to be white.

wanttobefarmer: ADORABLE Silkie!

Back
Top Bottom