what breed is ee?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bluie, Aug 18, 2007.

1. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Hello all. This is my first post as I just registered. I have seen a breed abbreviated as EE and I don't know what that is, even after a bit of research. Someone mentioned that their EE roosters were always very mean, but now I can't find that post. Love this forum. The beloved rooster that came with our house when we bought it five years ago died of old age (13, according to the neighbors) last October. He was wonderful and not aggressive at all. I don't know what breed he was but someday I will post a photo; maybe someone will know. We are going to spend the winter building a coop and run to be ready to order or otherwise procure chicks next spring.

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Hello and welcome. I'm a newbie 2. Go to the index and click on " Breeds In General" it will explain it all. I have 1 EE and all I've read it's a mutt chicken. LOL

3. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    EE = easter egger, its basically a mixture of breeds, usually they are ameraucana crosses. They are bred to lay blue or green eggs.

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
  5. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Thanks for replying so quickly! Of course its an Easter egger! Why didn't I figure that one out?!? It is more important to me to have sweet, docile chickens than to have blue green eggs. I think I will have to give up that idea! I have all winter to ponder breeds.

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I have two EE cockerals. Brutus, my White one, is awesome! He flies up on my arm every day I feed so he can get first pic at the food. I've never had a more social bird. Neither of them have shown any aggression at all! [​IMG] I believe it just the individual bird though.

7. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    My EE roos, also are very docile and so easily held. My 3 year old chicken whisperer holds both roos like a football and walks around the yard for hours holding them. They love it...the kids and the roos!
    We just made sure we held them all as much as possible while they are young! Mine are 4.5 months old.
    Good Luck and Welcome!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by