What breed is he? And a few other questions

Barred Colombian says "Delaware" -- except for that comb and the pink legs. So some kind of mix.

HANDSOME fellow! (I have a great weakness for Colombian patterning).
Thank you! HE is very pretty! Only issue is, I have him separated with my ducks right now, there are few other hens separated with my ducks too, so he has a separate pen from the other rooster. Only issue is, Our ducks and chickens share a run, but it is divided down the middle with a fence panel. When I let the roosters out, they fight teach other through the fence down the middle of the run. Is it possible that they may figure out dominance and stop fighting since they have there own hens? Or will I have to find a way to make it so they can't see each other so they don't fight. Thanks, I think I know the answer, but I am hoping maybe....

You should be quarantining him away from all your other birds for 30 days to check for diseases, unless you are very familiar with the flock he came from.

I would suggest making it so they cant see each other. We did that with our male turkeys. But they may also just work it out.

You should be quarantining him away from all your other birds for 30 days to check for diseases, unless you are very familiar with the flock he came from.

I would suggest making it so they cant see each other. We did that with our male turkeys. But they may also just work it out.
He came from our friends flock they are all very healthy a young. I have even helped them do vet checks on there birds so everything should bd fine. Okay, I will see what I can do about the no se deal. Thank you!

When I let the roosters out, they fight teach other through the fence down the middle of the run. Is it possible that they may figure out dominance and stop fighting since they have there own hens? Or will I have to find a way to make it so they can't see each other so they don't fight. Thanks, I think I know the answer, but I am hoping maybe...

I've never had more than one rooster so I don't have any experience with their dominance issues, but my understanding is that, unless given massive amounts of space to form their own flocks in their own territories, roosters usually want ALL the hens they can see. :)

I've never had more than one rooster so I don't have any experience with their dominance issues, but my understanding is that, unless given massive amounts of space to form their own flocks in their own territories, roosters usually want ALL the hens they can see. :)
I think you can have some success if they are raised together and no one goes from thinking they're the alpha roo to suddenly not being the alpha roo. Some of my cockrells have pullets that wander around with him and sleep next to them, but I assume they are ones my main rooster has decided he doesnt want.

But also we have all the space in the world and my main roo usually goes off with his ladies and the cockrells dont follow them.

THOUGH my pullets havent started laying so idk maybe my flock will get messy when they do

Back
Top Bottom