What Breed Is It? Cochin?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by geolemer, Oct 6, 2009.

1. geolemer

geolemer In the Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    Dubois Co. Indiana
    I am 99.9% sure they are Cochins of some type and all the hens are uniform in color.

I also got a pair of barred Cochins with them, and was told both types came from a hatchery and are about 9 weeks old.

Thank You for any help.

[​IMG]

2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Looks Cochin to me. I'm sure youll get some more replies though.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Wow- almost looks like a banty partridge cochin roo. You have any more pics? I didn't think partridge came in bantam. Let see the girls!

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I have a hard time believing 9 week old anything with those waddles and comb. But definitely cochin looking.

5. geolemer

geolemer In the Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    Dubois Co. Indiana
    Here are some of the hens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the wet feet, they splashed in there water. The pitchers don't do these birds justice.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  6. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I would say Partridge cochin and YES they do come in bantam because I have one too!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't know what the hens are called in that pattern- looks different than my partridge LF, but hard to tell from the thumbnail. They have to be older than you were told- but nice little birds!

I LOVE banty cochins- they are loads of fun!

8. geolemer

geolemer In the Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    Dubois Co. Indiana
    I keep and breed Partridge Cochin Bantams(I have about 60 now) and they look identical to Fudgie's. These are vary different.

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Definately Cochin, Hatchery I Doubt Because They Dont Look Like Any Standardized Color--- The Roo Could Pass For Partridge, But The Hens Look Like They Fall Somewhere Between Goldlaced And Partridge/ Black --- They Dont Conform To Any Color Really. They Are Alot Older Than 9 Weeks---- Cochins Mature Very Slowly And The Roos Wattles And Comb Are Fully Developed--- 9 Mos Old At Least, Maybe More--- What Does He Have For Spurs? At 9 Mos Old They'd Be Not Much More Than Hard Buds.

They're Very Attractive Lil Guys!

10. ve

ve Songster

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    They are Golden Birchen color.In Game's they call this color Crow wing.In Cochin suppose to be Brown Black

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by