What breed is Little Blackie - 4H Showmanship Bird

OwensChickens

Chirping
6 Years
May 31, 2013
Little Blackie is Owen's bird that he will be using as his 4H showmanship bird. We have no clue what she is.

Here are a few rainy day pics:

Agreed. I would guess breed based on egg color... green, EE. If the egg is actually blue I would tentatively say blue Ameraucana.

We get both green and blue eggs. I will have to ask Owen (I am dad) as he collects the eggs.

Also, check the bottom of the feet, to see what color they are. My blue EE pullet looks similar to a blue ameraucana, and just started laying sky blue eggs, but has yellow soles on her feet instead of pink/white, and a little bit of yellow skin near her beak.
Here is a older picture of her-you can see her yellow feet.

White feet (bottom), white skin, and red ear lobes. We also get blue eggs. Safe to call her a Blue Ameraucana? Owen will be showing little Blackie at the end of the month in his first 4H show.

Little Blackie took Reserve Champion AOSB class for a youth (approx 60 birds in AOSB class) and Best Variety in open category. She took Reserve Breed and Best Variety in the 4h category. This was at the NorCal Poultry Show.

I would say she is definitely an Ameraucana. Awesome! We are in the works of getting more.

Back
Top Bottom