What breed is my bantum cockerl

Does your rooster crow? I have never had an OEGB with a comb like that. If it crows and doesn't lay eggs, it's a roo.

its hatchery bird and i have a hatchery birds that are supposed to have white earlobes and they don't. it's feathering would make it a pullet as well if it was an oegb. but it is a cockerel with hen feathers an campines do come some times with hen feathering unlike oegb who will never come with hen feathering. also since it does have hen feathering its pointless to try and show him as he would be disqualified

Golden Campine OEGB are not hen feathered, so if the OP is sure it's a cockerel then it's just a Golden Campine as the OP's bird does not show any hackle or saddle feathers.

I was not under the impression that anyone was interested in showing. It is a project color, or so Ideal says, and they are the only ones, to my knowledge, that is even offering them. According to Ideal, the males are modified hen feathered...

https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&ID=GCPB&Product=987
by modified hen feathering that means the males will have the identical plumage pattern that the females have but they will still have the male hackles and saddles

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom