What "breed" is my chicken

Renee Schwab

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 23, 2014
Hi everyone, Nevermind being a newby to chickens I'm also a newby on this forum so I'm still trying to figure out how things work. I live is SA and started a small "farmyard" for my twins but got so involved with chickens and turkeys and even started incubating eggs and now I am hooked. Will someone please help me identify this chicken that I have. I have Brahmas, Light Sussex, Buff Orpingtons and Potch Koekoeks but this hen I got from our local poulty pet shop and I am puzzled. Please share any ideas. Thanks

How big is she compared to the other hens? She is some kind of Mili de' Fluer. Probably a d'Uccle cross because they are the most popular Mili de'Fluer. I don't know what she is crossed with. I am just guessing. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much guys , she is the same size as my light sussex. bigger than the average bantam, abit smaller than my buff orp.. I actually googled light sussex and there was a pic that came up of a speckled sussex that looks very similar, but I think she is a mixed breed, Her eggs also have speckles on them. She too cute so it actually doesn't matter what she is, but I was just curious. Thanks for the replies

welcome-byc.gif

Agree she's a beautiful mixed breed hen.

Where do you live? Is SA South Africa? If you were local, I'll bet the person working on Aloha's would take her...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/600281/the-aloha-chicken-project

Thank you Donrae, Yes I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa. So glad I found this forum, when I tried to hatch incubated eggs I got so many answers from this site.

Back
Top Bottom