What "breed" is my chicken

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Renee Schwab, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Renee Schwab

Renee Schwab New Egg

Jun 23, 2014
    Hi everyone, Nevermind being a newby to chickens I'm also a newby on this forum so I'm still trying to figure out how things work. I live is SA and started a small "farmyard" for my twins but got so involved with chickens and turkeys and even started incubating eggs and now I am hooked. Will someone please help me identify this chicken that I have. I have Brahmas, Light Sussex, Buff Orpingtons and Potch Koekoeks but this hen I got from our local poulty pet shop and I am puzzled. Please share any ideas. Thanks[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Her color is called mille fleur, but breed or mix? Size? Picture of legs? Cute, but I've no idea. Welcome! Mary

3. TexasChicken12

TexasChicken12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    How big is she compared to the other hens? She is some kind of Mili de' Fluer. Probably a d'Uccle cross because they are the most popular Mili de'Fluer. I don't know what she is crossed with. I am just guessing. Hope this helps!

4. Renee Schwab

Renee Schwab New Egg

Jun 23, 2014
    Thank you very much guys , she is the same size as my light sussex. bigger than the average bantam, abit smaller than my buff orp.. I actually googled light sussex and there was a pic that came up of a speckled sussex that looks very similar, but I think she is a mixed breed, Her eggs also have speckles on them. She too cute so it actually doesn't matter what she is, but I was just curious. Thanks for the replies

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
  6. Renee Schwab

Renee Schwab New Egg

Jun 23, 2014
    Thank you Donrae, Yes I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa. So glad I found this forum, when I tried to hatch incubated eggs I got so many answers from this site.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by