What breed is my duckling?

Kyler1234

Hatching
May 23, 2017
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what breed this duckling is? This is my first duck, but I have been researching them a little here and there for awhile now. From what I've been researching, my guess is a Rouen. I'm also curious if anyone can guess its age? It's mostly feathered but still has some fluff and stubby wings that are mostly feathered.

I will also be getting 2 more of the same age in a couple of days, so it will not be alone for long. I'd also appreciate any advice anyone may have for me. I'm experienced with chickens and turkeys, but not with water fowl yet. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1335.PNG
    IMG_1335.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I would say Rouen as well. Around 3 to 4 weeks old. Make sure to get duckling on Niacin supplement if not already. You can do this by adding a Tbsp of nutritional yeast or brewer's yeast per cup of feed if you have it on chick starter. Also, non medicated feed for ducks. Cute little one by the way :)

I would say Rouen as well. Around 3 to 4 weeks old. Make sure to get duckling on Niacin supplement if not already. You can do this by adding a Tbsp of nutritional yeast or brewer's yeast per cup of feed if you have it on chick starter. Also, non medicated feed for ducks. Cute little one by the way :)
Thanks! I don't have any brewer's yeast, but I do have nutritional yeast on hand. I will get that in there asap, the girl who gave it to me seemed like she didn't really know much about ducks, so it probably hasn't gotten that.

I use nutritional yeast IMO it's best...Has a bit more niacin and other B vitamins and my ducks love it.. lol. They will eat the flake right outta my hands.

Back
Top Bottom