What Breed is my Henpecked Chick?

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
His feathers are coming in golden????

84553_dscf5871_1.jpg

Is there a breed of golden chicken that Barred Rocks especially tend to dislike? ? His stepMama Hen still won't have a thing to do with him. She detests him. His 4 siblings are Leghorns, I think, and there is one Bantie, a Silver-Laced Sebring.

No, that is Rooster Booster I had to put on pecked spots. Her Stepmama, a Barred Rock, nearly pecked her to death when she hatched and wouldn't stay under her mother. It unnerved the hen, that bundle of energy coming out from under her. I had to rescue her, or she would have been cannibalized, I feel sure. The mother also pecked a Leghorn, but not as badly, and the mother accepted the Leghorn, but I've had not luck reintroducing this chick to the Stepmama. The stepmama charges her and seems to hate her with a passion.

I've read that Buff Orpingtons get pecked a lot because they are such a docile breed.

It's not a buff orpington but it's a cross that could include some sort of orpington I suppose. Really I've no idea what it is, just that it's not a buff orpington.

I found out that the father is definitely a White Leghorn, but I'm unsure of the mother's breed. Could be Aracauna, Buff Orpington, or maybe Rhode Island Red. Does that help any in identifying the chick?

Back
Top Bottom