What breed is my little Ebony?

Quote:
Well we got her egg from a lady with over 100 chickens, do i don't know what she is crossed with!
hmm.png

I have a little one that looks like that and s/he isn't mixed. Just something that happened when someone inbreeds them. Bought some eggs from a BYCer and found out after they hatched. What she was doing was breeding fathers and daughters together and other people she sent eggs to had the same issues, I even had one hatched out with a deformed leg.

~UPDATE~
While for a while it was deided that Miss Ebony was a Silkie- D'uccle cross, that is not true. I recently visited the woman that gave us her egg and asked her if she had any D'uccles. She did have a few, but they were not in the same pen as the silkies, and were red and black. She told me that Ebony is atually a Americauna - Silkie cross! What do you think about that? I was honestly a bit shocked because most people (Including me) were sure she was a D'uccle.
Here's Ebony now.

She is quite the snuggler!

Well, seeing as there is no such breed as an "Americauna" and that the name Americauna is often given to mixed-breed Easter Eggers by hatcheries, she is most likely Silkie x Easter Egger
wink.png

Are the Silkies belonging to the person you got her from bearded? If they are not, and there are no other bearded breeds in with the Silkies, she is Silkie x EE.

Back
Top Bottom