What breed is my roo?

acfarf

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
SC
We originally bought our roo from TSC a few years ago. He was in a bin marked black austrolorps. He has a beautiful green sheen to his feathers with a golden/wheat color back. Any ideas?

hes gorgeous ... but .. idk what he is .. maybe accidently a mix ? he half way looks australorp .. but .. the he has that barring on his back .. ..
hu.gif
pretty pretty boy though ..

Funny this is the second time someone came up with a leaky weird mutt looking rooster who was sold to them as a Black Australorp.

I think TSC's source hatchery is going through a bit of an oops with their Australorps.

Thank you. We think he is beautiful too and a wonderful roo for all of his "girls" although he has quite the temper on him! We recently decided to add a few more chickens to the coop(like anyone can ever stop adding!). We have a Silkie who went broody and decided to let her lay on a few eggs. I am not 100% certain but I tried to choose some eggs from our leghorns hoping that that would show the of his characteristics. I didn't want to overshadow his colors with our RIRs or Barred Rocks. They are set to start hatching at the end of the week. I will post pics.

Well, if you are using white leghorns you will get white chicks. They are dominant white and overshadow pretty much anything. Do give the other ladies a try for the next hatch
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom