1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

What breed is my rooster? Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by veronicapearl, Jul 23, 2013.

1. veronicapearl

veronicapearl Hatching

May 29, 2013
    [​IMG]
    What breed is he?

2. Sclark73

Sclark73 Songster

Jun 19, 2013
    Bruce, Wisconson
    Looks Americana cross of some type as the one behind it but hard to see head from photo.

3. EE, very beautiful one
    Eta;;
    Oh.. Blue legs.. Haha. Could be an ameracauna color cross. Not sure what classifies an EE a EE after it has blue legs and blue egg gene.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  4. veronicapearl

veronicapearl Hatching

May 29, 2013
    Thank you for the responses but I can't find the specific one on google of what my rooster is. He is 16 weeks old, I was wondering if he is ready to be killed for meat, because he is very aggressive and starts all the fights, he's name is pearl. But I have 2 other roosters his age. ANd more roosters that are younger .

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    He looks like an EE / Ameraucana, blue splash colored with some red leakage. I don't think splash is a recognized color in Ameraucanas, blue and black are.
    Sounds like he is more than ready to grace the dinner table. Sometimes not wanting to deal with their temperament trumps waiting until they are bigger and plumper.

6. veronicapearl

veronicapearl Hatching

May 29, 2013
    Hmm I don't see it on google search. I'm just so new to this. But thank you!

7. EE is not a breed. EE is a mutt chicken that carries the blue egg gene. He is blue splash with red leakage. Google probably won't have it, might though.
    Ameracauna is a breed, but I don't know if he'd be considered one. Either way, if they are being aggressive Then he's ready for the dinner table!

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    http://www.ameraucana.org/index.html
    They have a basic explanation of the differences in their FAQs section.
    They have pictures of black and blue etc Ameraucanas, splash is not a recognized color, so even if the chicken came from two Ameraucana parents, they consider it an EE. No idea why, kind of silly since you can't have a blue without the splash gene.
    http://kippenjungle.nl/basisEN.htm
    Has color genetics info for chickens.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    He's a mixed breed rooster.
    Mean roosters taste better. Sounds time to invite him to dinner.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: