What breed is my Rooster?

WoofyGator

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 30, 2008
Richland, NJ
We are new to the world of Chickens this year. He and the Coop came with our new house the sellers were so kind to leave behind along with 2 Hens that are no longer with us. One got killed by a Predator, the other just died for no apparent reason.

He is very good at taking care of our new Black Star Pullets. We are curious to know what breed he is.
15146_tom_2.jpg
15146_tom_1.jpg
15146_tom_3.jpg
smile.png

He has a few feathers on his feet...not many. He honestly looks like somebody glued 4 or 5 big feathers on his feet...lol

He is...and thank you
smile.png

He's funny. If we go to pick up one of the hens and she squawks, he'll squawk and run at us flapping his wings, but as soon as he gets near it seems to occur to him that we are bigger than he is and he turns tail and runs the other way.
lol.png

I really wish somebody knew what breed of chicken he is...

Last edited:
He has such a large single comb and feathered feet... I wonder if he is something crossed with a Brahma. That light yellow color is throwing me off. It's more yellow than the orangish "buff" color.

Why do I feel like I've seen a chicken like this somewhere before?!

By the way,
welcome-byc.gif
!

Last edited:
body wise looks like he may have some Cochin in him... Maybe Brahma. the Color is coming from some Game heritage, phoenix. or Dorkings, Those are the only ones i know with those colors. they are known as "golden duckwings". Which are silver duckwings crossed with Black breasted reds or wheatens to "dirty" their color and give the yellow tint,

In American games, Both the Silver duckwing. and golden. are called Greys

-Daniel

Back
Top Bottom