What Breed is our Green Legged White Chicken

countessjoline

Hatching
Nov 7, 2016
Hi Everyone.

We have our first little flock. We bought our white chick, Garbo, as an Easter Egger or Ameraucana. We have had our first egg, light brown, and think it's from our Garbo. If so, then we know she can't be an Ameraucana. Does anyone know if she's an Easter Egger?

I've tried to attach some pics. She's 4 months old in these photos. Pictures were take 5 wseeks ago. Her cheek tufts are larger. I'll try to add updated pics.

Last edited:
She looks like my white EE. Ameraucanas should't have green legs anyway.
Her comb isn't that red, but I guess she could have laid an egg. Pullets combs turn very red when they are close to laying. If you have any other pullets with redder combs, it's more likely that they laid the egg.

This is my EE Dewy.

Last edited:
Sorry. Should have mentioned that the pictures were taken 5 weeks ago. She's redder now and has larger cheek tufts. I'll update pictures tomorrow. Thanks for the info; thought Ameraucanas had green legs. Definitely a rookie.

welcome-byc.gif

She's definitely an Easter egger, if that is her egg or not. Willow legs do not an Ameraucana make.

But with that nice pea comb, it would be a shame if she's a brown egger. maybe it's someone else?

Easter Egger...
and with that peacomb she should most likely be laying a blue or green egg...
but she is really pretty. i just love EEs

Back
Top Bottom