WHAT BREED IS SHE????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenBantam, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ChickenBantam

ChickenBantam Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    [​IMG] Hi, I just got 6 chicks I ordered from mypetchicken.com. They all arrived healthy and lively. I got 1 Partridge Silkie, 1 Blue Silkie, 3 Welsummers and 1 ?????? I ordered all females. I don't know what kind of chick the yellow one is. She is from assortment. Here are the breeds from the assortment
    easter egger
    sebright
    white russian orloff
    spangled russian orloff
    white crested black polish
    white wyandotte
    welsummer
    barred rock
    antwerp belgian
    Thanks!!!
    BTW She is a bantam

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Its an orloff... EE's have green legs and Antewerps have slate. your a lucky person for sure!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    EE's can have any color legs. But I agree, it's most likely the white orloff.

4. this is the only reason i say orloff

shes bearded, and orloff is the only chicken on that list you said that is bearded, and shes white cause, well, shes white LOL

shes SO cute, y sister would be SO jeaulous

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Actually, there are a number of bearded breeds in that list. EE, Orloff, and antwerp belgian.

I doubt this chick is an EE, because a hatchery with a scrupulous enough program to make bantam Orloffs probably wouldn't produce an EE chick with light legs (the 'ideal' EE should have slate or willow legs).

It could either be an Orloff, or the Antwerp Belgian (also called a d'Anvers). Watch the comb while it develops. If it starts a rose comb and the legs darken a bit, it's a d'Anvers. If the comb develops into a rasberry or walnut, it's an Orloff.

6. oh, oops, XD, ok well im still saying orloff

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by