What Breed is She Please?

Mommy2Blaze

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Dalton, GA
I have an 18 week old bantam named Black (thanks to my 3 yr old son lol). I was thinking she was a black australorp bantam but I am not sure and am new to chickens. I was hoping you guys could tell me what she is. SHe is a beautiful hen and so sweet. Her ears are blue although it is hard to tell in this photo. Also the only roo we have, a silver duckwing OEGB has been mating her. Does that mean she is for sure laying or getting ready to lay? I have no clue. I haven't seen any eggs but they do free range all day over several acres and we just put nestboxes in the coop yesterday as all of my oldest chicks turned 18 weeks. Does she look ready to lay?
83918_010.jpg

83918_006-6.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Minorca as she doesn't have those big white things on her face. Just the blue ears. I am so confused by her. Does anyone else have a clue?

Oh I see! Very cool. I didn't think there were very many of them? Are they rare to have? She is a beauty and like I said she is also super sweet. Even with her rather bland name lol. I knew it should be coming up soon that my mature girls would start laying. I am getting excited waiting on them too. Thank you so much.

Oh now a Dutch Bantam is a possibility too. Wow. She confuses me lol. I think her and Lil Dude do make a pretty couple but hi Lil Lady who is a match for him may get sad. Actually when he started breeding Black is when the OEGB hen started trying to crow and there is no mistaking she is a hen. She also acted sad for several days because he wasn't paying very much attention to her. The OEGBs are a few weeks younger than the black one so maybe the female OEGB isn't quite mature enough to mate yet. Hmmm, not sure. This is his match Lil Lady.
83918_005.jpg

83918_015-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom