1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by camurphy11, Jan 12, 2016.

1. camurphy11

camurphy11 New Egg

Jul 12, 2013
    I have a hen , who has white feet I cannot figure out what breed she is. Cannot locate a white hen breed with white feet[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Can't help on breed, sorry. Significant comb and wattle for a girl eh?

Ct

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Given the black flecking on her, I would say she is a mixed breed; something like an Austra White (Black Australorp rooster X White Leghorn hen).

4. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like a Splash. Andalusian? They have kind of slate colored legs and even females have large combs and wattles since they are a Mediterranean breed.
    [​IMG]
    This is mine. Sorry the picture isn't more close up. And her comb isn't so big because she is only 17 weeks old.

5. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    She's a Splash Andalusian.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I think you're right. My goof; good call. :eek:)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  7. camurphy11

camurphy11 New Egg

Jul 12, 2013
    I wasn't sure . I am fairly sure she was a chick I got with my spring 15 order from McMurray. But I went over my order today and did not buy a splash andalusian?? Is that a rare breed , since they do send usually a free rare breed chick?/ I thought it might be one of mine who mixed it up lol, but she is too old. The chicks that were hatched in house are younger.

8. junebuggena

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Did you order any Blue Andalusians? When you order Blue Andalusian, there is about a 25% chance of getting a black or splash instead.

9. camurphy11

camurphy11 New Egg

Jul 12, 2013
    I looked back I actually ordered a "blue andalusian" chick , reading up on that am I right to say that they can turn out blue, black or white?

10. junebuggena

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Not white, but splash. Splash have two copies of the Blue dilute gene, making them look pale grey/white with flecks of darker grey/blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by