What breed is she ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Comeonbroodyhen, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Comeonbroodyhen

Comeonbroodyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    This is my supposedly " black austrolorp bantam " hen. That i have had for at least a year and a half, but I've got my doubts about her now. One reason is the golden colour coming in on her neck which isn't really standard to black austrolorp? And that she seems to small and skinny to be austrolorp. So that's where I think she's not black austrolorp bantam but she might be OEGB? What do you guys think? All input is welcome! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    shes an oegb and by the looks of here legs she has a mild case of leg mites around her ankles

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Id say an oegb mix as she has slight leg feathering

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

5. TommyGirl

TommyGirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2012
    Kentucky
    Yeah, probably OEGB mix. She is very beautiful!

6. Comeonbroodyhen

Comeonbroodyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Thanks guys very much appreciated :) and I've been trying to get rid of that darn scaly leg mite but it always comes back once the scales seem to get better. I've been using the Vaseline at night method because it is very convenient for me and it seems to work. But as soon as I stop, just for a few days it seems to come back.

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    USE VETRX!!!! its a bit on the pricey side but works a hell (pardon my lango [​IMG]) of a lot better than anything and i mean anything i have used and tried (cooking oil with seven dust and without, Vaseline with seven dust and without, soaking them in dips...the vetRX works with a few applications depending on how bad the legs are and they do not look that bad so i would say withing 2-4 applications you should see improvement)

i got this roo from an auction his whole legs were covered like this (the dark crusted raised part) this was after 3 treatments with vetRX
    [​IMG]
    (before)
    [​IMG]
    after about 5 treatments
    [​IMG]

took about 10 treatments total but he is completely better now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by