what breed is she?

BuyanBuyan

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 2, 2013
This is Cleopatra, Cleo or Cli-Cli for short. I think she is a pullet but I have no idea what breed she is. Does anyone know?

This was Cleo when I first got her

She looks like a brown leghorn, pretty girl now and they are adorable chicks aren't they.

Thanks everyone! Brown Leghorn makes so much sense! I guess the white ones are White Leghorns. What does "X2" mean?

I got them because the person who wanted to give me a gift of ducklings for our pond got me 9 chicks when the store was sold out of ducks!! I was told that one of them was going to lay me blue eggs..... I had my fingers crossed that Cleo was my blue egg laying hen, but i guess not...

Thanks everyone! Brown Leghorn makes so much sense! I guess the white ones are White Leghorns. What does "X2" mean?

It just means that person is agreeing with what someone else said (that they quoted)

I got them because the person who wanted to give me a gift of ducklings for our pond got me 9 chicks when the store was sold out of ducks!! I was told that one of them was going to lay me blue eggs..... I had my fingers crossed that Cleo was my blue egg laying hen, but i guess not...

Do you have a hen with a beard or pea comb? She may look similar to this:
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry//CGA/Arau/BRKEaster.html
FYI, Leghorns lay (huge) white eggs, I also see a barred tail,most likely a barred rock, they lay brown eggs.
If you post a picture of each hen, you can do it all in this thread),we can tell you what each one is.

Last edited:

This is what they looked like as chicks

Back
Top Bottom