What breed is she?

It's perfectly fine that you couldn't find a breed name any input is good :) I just figured I would try to learn a little more about her before I put her into a breeding pen.
When it comes to periguines yes I have to agree pigeons worst nightmare. It's such a bitter sweet experience though. Watching the chase is exilerating, it's nature at its finest. But it is truly heart breaking when they win the chase.

Anyone who flies or toss their birds has experienced loss. What is really heartbreaking is loosing those special birds that excel at doing what comes so natural to them.

I have lost more than I care to remember.

Last edited:
We feed the ravens taxidermy scraps (my dad's a taxidermist) but they don't stay around long enough to make a difference. They do attack the hawks though! We only have peregrines in the winter, as we're in their winter range. Where we live, there's only crows in the city. We live out in the country and have ravens and magpies instead, both chase hawks and owls. I raised a baby magpie I found by our pigpen, but he didn't stay around after he grew up. He found his family group and they still hang around. I wonder if they chase the hawks in their big mob?!?! Hopefully they do!

Magpies make great little friends! He only had a "cage" when he was little and chose to sleep in it when older. We put him outside and, one day, he disappeared. At least he's where he belongs! He did learn to talk and sometimes, when his flock is gone, you can hear his babbling and squawking.

I spotted a Magpie hunting a dove last summer and he swooped down out of a tree and in a matter of seconds the dove was dead and the magpie started to eat the dove.so after that the magpie traps went up again.

Back
Top Bottom