What breed is she?

Jayrose17

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 14, 2014
Washington state

I was told she was a birmingham roller, but the guy selling her had never flown the flock, she does an occasional flip but that's all, she is a beautiful bird, but seems to have a different facial structure than a roller too. I may be mistaken, so I figured I would ask :)

Sorry I couldn't find the breed name for her :(
I recently had a peregrine falcon attack my birds and slap me in the process! I heard the rooster make the warning noise and had just enough time to grab my hand raised baby before I got slapped! I don't know If he knew I was there or not! I tried to grab him off the ground and he flew off the fence and after my birds! He ended up with only a handful of feathers, but left be with a huge wake up call. I've counted 17 of my birds taken by hawks/falcons/owls in the past year!

I have an owl cross who was the mate of a Turkish tumbler and the babies look like that! Some of them have muffed feet like their mom, the other looked like your bird.

This is one of the siblings that has muffed feet and a different bill.
This is the one that looks most like your bird. I'll try to get a better pic of her face tomorrow, sorry for the poor quality.

Here are some better pics of her and her sibling. In every batch it was fun to see which ones would take after their mom and which after dad!
She has dad's body and moms colors!

Here's her nestmate. Neither of them have names because they're some of my favorites and it seems like all the ones that are my favorites that have names die :(.

I understand you with that one :-( we were flying Birmingham rollers and named three of them.. Ironically enough they were the first three to be taken by the falcon... :-(

Thank you very much for you input :)

Quote: Peregrines have to be pigeons worst enemy. They are lethal when it comes to pigeons. Crows might help; Something tells me crows do not anything to these mercenaries.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom