What breed is this 3 week old female?

K7 Menagerie

Songster
11 Years
May 6, 2008
Bend, OR
I purchased a Rainbow Pullet collection from Meyer Hatchery, and I have most of the breeds figured out, but there are so many different breeds that start out chipmunk striped that I'm just not sure on this one. The major opinions so far have been either brown leghorn or welsummer. What do you think?

10035_100_2056.jpg

10035_100_2059.jpg

welsummer or brown leghorn, later you will be able to tell, white earlobes=leghorn, welsummer=red earlobes

also, brown leghorns lay white eggs, and welsummers lay dark brown eggs

The problem is, I really need to sell them as the brooder is getting WAY too crowded, and it's a tough sell if you can't tell them what the breed is.
hu.gif

I am sorry but no thanks I have about 100 plus I am bringing myself, some are welsummers. I need to go to that thread and list my haves' and wants.

tell them you don't know what it is because wellies and BL look so similar, that's what I would do

either way, they will have a good layer/ or a dark egg layer both attractive qualities

Sorry, just saw the "three weeks". She definitely looks like my Sussex, who are just about three weeks, too. Nice little girls, too. Not like my Golden comets, one of whom is breaking out in pure white feathers, which I think means I have a baby roo, not a pullet!

Back
Top Bottom