What breed is this and why is her tail pin feathers bleeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvussomechicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 11, 2012
Well, I have this new hen. I hope it's a hen anyway. I need to know what breed is this. Plus, I found some of it's tail feathers have been pulled out. Last week, when I first visited the hen where it lived, it didn't have any tail feathers. I just thought it was normal. But when I picked it up, noticed that the tail feathers were bleeding. Is it alright? It's suppose to be an exotic breed.

Maybe she/he is some kind of Easter Egger. It looks fluffy around the face like my Americana hen. Not sure why her tail feathers are bleeding. Maybe something attacked it? Where did you come across this bird? Was it just loose?

My thoughts are that it is a roo because of the long neck feathers. But I thought some breeds' hens would have that look as well.

Someone I know ordered a group package of brown egg layers. I came with one exotic. All were suppose to be pullets. You know how that goes. But she was in with 24 pretty nice hens.

Handsome rooster, I bet his tail was something beautiful. Rooster tails are often the first targets in a predator attack because they are so noticeable and flashy. He's an Easter Egger.

Handsome rooster, I bet his tail was something beautiful. Rooster tails are often the first targets in a predator attack because they are so noticeable and flashy. He's an Easter Egger.
x2

I've heard that rats will pull and eat feathers from roosting birds at night. It could also be that he wasn't the only young rooster in the pen and the other rooster was after him.

BTW, a certain hatchery is well-known for sending EE roosters as a "free exotic chick with purchase".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom