What breed is this bantam chick? What is a Southern Wrangler?

That's probably what I'll do next time. Was just hoping to avoid shipping costs from online. Thanks for identifying my other chick! I just looked it up, he looks exactly like the pictures of mottled cochin chicks. And the breed is very pretty, so I'm excited about that. I just have one more question now that everything else has been answered, I also got a little grey bantam from them who is really tiny, much smaller than the others, any idea what it is?
View attachment 2063967

This chick is a Porcelain or maybe Self Blue d'Uccle. If you were told it was a Brahma, you were misinformed again sorry.

This chick is a Porcelain or maybe Self Blue d'Uccle. If you were told it was a Brahma, you were misinformed again sorry.
Thank you for the help. I was told the Cochin was a Brahma but they were all in the mixed bantam bin and I couldn't help but get a few when I saw them, so I wasn't expecting to get anything specific.

the stance of the first one is more d'Uccle like, I think I see muffs too? I'm going to guess mottled d'Uccle. Privett hatchery carries them and they sometimes supply TSC. If it and the self blue d'Uccle are a pair you can create lavender mottled d'Uccles but it would require some inbreeding unless you get more unrelated birds https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-does-it-take-to-get-lavender-mottled.1086563/
Oh I didn't even notice that cochins don't have muffs, he definitely has them though the picture may not have shown it too well.

Back
Top Bottom