What breed is this chick?

thunderbird

Chirping
Jun 15, 2016
Our chicks from meyer hatchery are about 2.5 to 3 weeks old. I've identified the breed of every chick except this one. Can you guys help me out?
[/IMG]
if more/better pics are needed just ask. Thanks

Last edited:
I agree with BantamFan4Life, it's hard to tell at this young age, but Red Sex-Link is certainly a prominent possibility. I'd place my bet on that.

What did you order from Meyer?

Last edited:
I agree with BantamFan4Life, it's hard to tell at this young age, but Red Sex-Link is certainly a prominent possibility. I'd place my bet on that.

What did you order from Meyer?
3 appenzellers, 3 easter Eggers and 3 from the rare breed assortment. They gave us an extra bUT I don't know if it's from the assortment. The breeds you can get through the assortment are Ancona, Easter Egger, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Campine, Lakenvelder, Faverolles, Buttercup, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, Penedesenca, Ameraucana, Blue and Lavender Orpington

3 appenzellers, 3 easter Eggers and 3 from the rare breed assortment. They gave us an extra bUT I don't know if it's from the assortment. The breeds you can get through the assortment are Ancona, Easter Egger, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Campine, Lakenvelder, Faverolles, Buttercup, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, Penedesenca, Ameraucana, Blue and Lavender Orpington
Doesn't seem like Sex-Link is one the list. Could have been the "extra" they sent, those are often males. Either than or they just sent you a Sex-Link by mistake. The good news is that if it is a Sex-Link (which it most likely is), it's certainly a girl.

Back
Top Bottom