What breed is this chick

jafelkins

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2017
We bought this baby and three others a few days ago and for the life of me cannot remember the breed. Does anyone know? It has a lot of feathers on its feet.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What a cute chick :D There are many breeds with feathered legs but could it possibly be a Cochin? I'm sure of you pop by the what breed gender section members there will be able to help you ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC

It's not a great photo as the angle doesn't show it's comb and the light and shade doesn't help with identification but I would say it has to be a Cochin or a Brahma. Do either of those sound familiar? Or perhaps a Marans but they usually don't have as much feather on the legs and feet as the other two. A Marans and a Cochin would both have a single comb. I think Brahmas have a pea comb but don't quote me on that....

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I'll defer to the experts as to breed but just want to say, that is one cute chick!

G’Day from down under jafelkins
frow.gif
Welcome!

I too will have to defer to the experts on this one but also just wanted to say that your little one is adorable!!
love.gif

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom