What breed is this chick?

A gold top is a sex link, a gold silkie roo over a light Sussex hen. They're great clockers. If it is a gold top white roos and gold hens.

Clockers? I've just googled it and came across a video of a light sussex 'singing' is that what that means? because one of the four does that a lot and near enough the exact same sound

Sexing chicks is tricky! The best at it will fail sometimes, no matter what's the method. Too bad if you can't keep him.
Mary

I know, that's why I paid extra for the four breeds that were autosexing which he told me. Something about them being different colours, or markings? They're award winning and told me they'd never been wrong sexing those breeds in all the years they've been doing it so I had complete trust they were all female.
We definitely can't. There are no laws against keeping chickens in the UK, however, if the council receives noise complaints, then you will be forced to remove them all. I believe that is set in place because of cockerels. Hence why we went for the autosexing breeds to avoid the problem.

Clockers? I've just googled it and came across a video of a light sussex 'singing' is that what that means? because one of the four does that a lot and near enough the exact same sound
Sorry, didn't think before I posted that...its just another term for a broody hen.
They can be sexed like any other red sex link as a chick.

So I got a response saying "Hi, Sorry, Yes I think that does look like a boy, just bring him back we'll swap him". I've asked what will happen to him if I do send him back and getting no response. Will he be killed? Because if so, I'd rather try rehome him on a local farm if that is a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom