What breed is this chick??

DawgandLolita

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013

Can anyone please help? We got our little babies from our local feed store on 4/15. We were told they were a week to 10 days old at the time but he had no idea on breed or sex. I have searched all over trying to figure out what kinds of chickens we have and was hoping some of you may be able to help. I think we may have a rooster in the bunch (my husband calls him foghorn) but I.m just not sure and curiosity is about to make me crazy. I have found all kinds of books and sites about breeds and such but only has pictures of mature chickens. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Red Sex Link???

Can anyone please help? We got our little babies from our local feed store on 4/15. We were told they were a week to 10 days old at the time but he had no idea on breed or sex. I have searched all over trying to figure out what kinds of chickens we have and was hoping some of you may be able to help. I think we may have a rooster in the bunch (my husband calls him foghorn) but I.m just not sure and curiosity is about to make me crazy. I have found all kinds of books and sites about breeds and such but only has pictures of mature chickens. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Red Sex Link???

Rhode island red??

Rhode Island Red
But these are just my guesses, you might be able to post them in the breed section, but you might have to wait a few more weeks.

I was thinking the 1st pic was a red sex link (looks like mine) and the rest were RIR. But I agree with Sillycmoy, there is a breed forum that probably could help you out better.

Katie

The first is a RSL and the rest look like production reds (mixed background red chickens bred for good production of eggs, reasonable butchering size, etc.). They can vary in appearance a good bit as chicks but all end up some shade of red and many have some black in the neck and tail. These are often sold to the farm stores as "assorted red pullets".

Hi! You commented on one of my pics and asked if I knew what kind of chicken it was? LOL...I can't figure out how to reply but I found you here! All I know is ours was a Red Pullet from TSC and there was a variety of breeds that it could have been. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom