Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
new britain
IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

Last edited:
Look's to me to be a wheaten old english game with a dubbed comb.

Or as learned the other day it also can be what they call simply a "red" old english game.

Look on the breeds, genetics, and showing section on the thread: Show off your games. Im sure you can find your answer there

Last edited:
He resembles a Golden Duckwing coloration but yet he's very different. His body structure looks like an Oxford style Old English Game Bantam. I live in the US and I'm very un-educated on the Oxford style because you just don't see them here.

You say you're from New Britain, and I have no Ideal where that's at, but I'm guessing it's somewhere over the pond from here haha.
lol.png
The Oxford stlye are more popular in Australia and the UK so if that's where you're from, that's probably what he is. Here in the US we raise a much smaller form of Old English Game bantams with totally different color variations than the Oxford stlye. He could be a purebred but I wouldn't know a purebred Oxford style O.E.G.B. from a crossbred.

I raise Old English Game Bantams myself but they are a totally different breed from the Oxfords. Here's a picture of my Black Old English Game Bantam cock.

20087_cg_poultry_002.jpg

He could be a Oxford or English Game fowl bantam..
Are you in the U.S.?
If so I would say he is a American Game Bantam...
The color looks like a Golden Duckwing or a color you could get from a Silver Duckwing X Black Breasted Red cross.

Chris

Last edited:
yes to all i do live in the us. actually i am from connecticut but i bought him for 10 dollars from western mass. his previous owner sold him because the rooster would beat up his wife in the morning while getting in her car. but to me hes as calmed as my dog peluche. and he is the best rooster ive ever seen.

but i never heard of an oxford old english
thanks for your coments

Quote:
Oxford Old English Games are pretty much the ancestors of the American Gamefowl and all of the Old english games we have today. Back when cockfighting was outlawed in the 1800's people split off into two groups with the Old english, people who didn't believe they needed the gameness in the birds bred the birds strictly for show and called them Carlisles, people who believed they should breed them for show - and still keep the gameness so that they could fully preserve them "to the max" as they were. Instead of just making them "Another pretty chicken"
wink.png
. Now from the US, i would say it's likely he is an American gamefowl. The bantams were selected so that they have green legs so they wouldn't conflict with others, it's different for some varieties like Whites, but i the goldens have slate legs.

He's too big to be a bantam, and i don't believe he is a large fowl OE. He does remind me a lot of a ClaretXLarry romero grey i once had, but I'm not saying that is his makeup, but he resembles in color, build, and size.

ETA:How does he act towards other roosters? That'd be an easy and fast way to tell exactly what he is. As for him chasing the wife, makes me wonder how she possibly treated him since he never attacked anyone else.

Last edited:
Hey gospelsoldier . That was actually my rooster . I let the guy you bought it from barrow it but i didnt want him back . He is a standard old english . He is mixed color . I know he is part silver duckwing .

He was really friendly when i first had him . I got him in january and by may he started attacking the back of my legs when i would walk away .

have any other questions let me know

Quote:
Oxford Old English Games are pretty much the ancestors of the American Gamefowl and all of the Old english games we have today. Back when cockfighting was outlawed in the 1800's people split off into two groups with the Old english, people who didn't believe they needed the gameness in the birds bred the birds strictly for show and called them Carlisles, people who believed they should breed them for show - and still keep the gameness so that they could fully preserve them "to the max" as they were. Instead of just making them "Another pretty chicken"
wink.png
. Now from the US, i would say it's likely he is an American gamefowl. The bantams were selected so that they have green legs so they wouldn't conflict with others, it's different for some varieties like Whites, but i the goldens have slate legs.

He's too big to be a bantam, and i don't believe he is a large fowl OE. He does remind me a lot of a ClaretXLarry romero grey i once had, but I'm not saying that is his makeup, but he resembles in color, build, and size.

ETA:How does he act towards other roosters? That'd be an easy and fast way to tell exactly what he is. As for him chasing the wife, makes me wonder how she possibly treated him since he never attacked anyone else.

actually he is super gentle with me only..he sees my silky terrier when we go outside and he wakes up the demond in him up. he is very bad with other roosters cant even see himself in a mirror.

ok when i bought him i took him to my basement until i cleared a space up in my sheds or coops what ever...he walked next to a dresser i have in the basemnet. he saw himself on the bottom mirrow it has and as soon as he saw himself he went bananas on the mirror...lol

and by the way he also attacked the previous owner before the last where i actually got him from. so he is very mean but he hasnt even tried to peck or anything with me.

Last edited:
Quote:
ok what town did i buy him from then? and if so thenok why would you give him away when there are people buying them for alot of money around where im from. and well if so then thanks cuz i got him for 10 bucks...lol...

Back
Top Bottom