What Breed Is This Friendly Hen?

Erin~TheChickenLover

Songster
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Arkansas River Valley
This is my friendly little hen. Her legs are grey and she has a pea comb (I think). She has large tail feathers compared to her body. She lays a medium sized white egg almost every day. She is small compared to my barred rock but not a bantam (I don't think so anyway). We rescued her and she is probably about 2 years old. Does anyone have any ideas what she might be? She has me stumped!

98009_juneedited.jpg

Yep, a pretty Easter Egger. They can lay any color of egg from white to blue/green to brown to "pink". That's part of why they are so popular. Not only do you get a wide variety of colors in the birds themselves but you also can get a wide range of egg colors.

Erin~TheChickenLover :

This is my friendly little hen. Her legs are grey and she has a pea comb (I think). She has large tail feathers compared to her body. She lays a medium sized white egg almost every day. She is small compared to my barred rock but not a bantam (I don't think so anyway). We rescued her and she is probably about 2 years old. Does anyone have any ideas what she might be? She has me stumped!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/98009_juneedited.jpg

I have a hen almost the same looking - sold to me as an EE from a hatchery. She laid an olive green egg as her first a few days ago. Yay, an Oliver Egger and I didn't even expect it. Her sisters have not started laying yet.​

Back
Top Bottom