What Breed is this hen?

Nov 6, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
Hawk.jpg
Hello! I have a hen that I have not seen before, We call her hawk because at first we thought she was a rooster but then she was a hen. So we just stuck with the name, I have been wondering what type if chicken she is. here is a picture of her, Sorry it's a bit dark outside and I had to use flash. Any Ideas on what breed she is? thanks for the help

Truer colors would help.

My initial reaction is Brown Leghorn if the earlobes stay white, possibly Welsummer if the earlobes become reddish.

Both of those breeds should have yellow legs, but that could be miscoloration from hatchery program or simply immaturity.

But I would need to see a side profile in true color, not washed out photo flash, to see feather patterning.

What kind of chick was she? Chipmunk? Or foxy down? (That would help us id as well).

LofMc

Well the people I got her from some people but never told me what type she was I feel kind of irresponsible for not asking but her comb is turning reddish so thats a sign of maturity, I can get a picture without the flash this time tomorrow. Plus she wasn't a chick when I got her sadly so that's another problem, I don't buy my hens from those people anymore.

It's difficult to tell from the dimness of the photo but she looks a lot like my young Welsummer pullets, or like one of my Olive Eggers (who incidentally has a single comb -- like Easter Eggers they are mixed breeds and can have any comb type).

Back
Top Bottom