What breed is this little chick

Imeldas9

In the Brooder
May 23, 2019
ADB7423A-986C-4058-8155-30652DDCA43F.png
Hi all I’m back again looking for some help. Could anyone tell me what breed they think this little chick is? She was slightly more black/grey when we got her but now she’s turning a lighter grey with yellow on her face and breast. Picture is not the best! Thank you

Where did you get it? Suppose to be pure? Chance it could be a cross?
My husband came back from a poultry sale with three little chicks. New to the whole chicken game, have no idea if it’s pure or cross the girls just fell in love with them.

My husband came back from a poultry sale with three little chicks. New to the whole chicken game, have no idea if it’s pure or cross the girls just fell in love with them.

No way to know breed as of now then. Its just as likely its a cross bred then a pure bred. Post pics around 4-5 months of age. That's about the youngest it can be determined for sure if its pure and what breed it may be. It has to feather out fully and body shape is an important factor. Sorry, its going to be a long waiting game with this one. Nice healthy looking chick though.

No way to know breed as of now then. Its just as likely its a cross bred then a pure bred. Post pics around 4-5 months of age. That's about the youngest it can be determined for sure if its pure and what breed it may be. It has to feather out fully and body shape is an important factor. Sorry, its going to be a long waiting game with this one. Nice healthy looking chick though.
Thank you for that information, it’s really hard to find any information here in Ireland on chick breed, and we new to it all. Really don’t mind what it turns out to be, so I guess we will have to wait it out! Thank you for replying to me it’s appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom