What breed is this?? No Clue...

farmnchef

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 24, 2012
I got these from my Mexican neighbor. I have no idea what breed they are at all. I'm not even sure they are the same, but look it. Both are hens, but one has a great ornamental feather hood. It is beautiful. Please respond if you have ANY idea. Thanks a bunch.

That's a really cool looking bird you've got there. I've never seen any like it. I am no expert but to me it almost looks like a Welsummer crossed with some type of Polish.

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of flipping your picture right side up and enlarged so it's easier to see. I really like your chickens. I don't know about the breed(s) but they're beautiful. :) The comb on the crested one is very different from others I've seen?

Last edited:
So I have an update. A relative of my wife gave us a subscription to Backyard Poultry Magazine and the had an article about Polynesian breeds. There was a picture with the article of a bird that looks exactly like the one with the hood. It was called a Kirikiri. Has anyone ever had any experience with or seen another one? Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom