What breed is this?? No Clue...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by farmnchef, Oct 24, 2012.

1. farmnchef

farmnchef New Egg

Oct 24, 2012
    I got these from my Mexican neighbor. I have no idea what breed they are at all. I'm not even sure they are the same, but look it. Both are hens, but one has a great ornamental feather hood. It is beautiful. Please respond if you have ANY idea. Thanks a bunch.
    [​IMG]

2. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    That's a really cool looking bird you've got there. I've never seen any like it. I am no expert but to me it almost looks like a Welsummer crossed with some type of Polish.

3. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    looks like some kind of polish for sure, nice looking bird

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the polish looking one might be a legbar and is not the same as the other hen, slightly different body color and leg color

5. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of flipping your picture right side up and enlarged so it's easier to see. I really like your chickens. I don't know about the breed(s) but they're beautiful. :) The comb on the crested one is very different from others I've seen?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  6. farmnchef

farmnchef New Egg

Oct 24, 2012
    So I have an update. A relative of my wife gave us a subscription to Backyard Poultry Magazine and the had an article about Polynesian breeds. There was a picture with the article of a bird that looks exactly like the one with the hood. It was called a Kirikiri. Has anyone ever had any experience with or seen another one? Thanks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by