What breed is this pullet?

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
So awhile back i posted about this pullet, now she has grown a lot but im still not sure what she is. She was a mystery egg that surprisingly hatched! Always been a friendly chicken but was at the bottom of the pecking order. Excuse the mess, renovating the chicken area.
Here she is:
C0492449-EC5C-4A71-A5DC-0B3B771F50D4.jpeg
A46E3D41-0AFA-44C8-B447-A21EBFDE9AA5.jpeg
2AC68B92-6F01-4B31-8105-B31AA46E5A06.jpeg
DF8B157E-967D-4C95-B36A-0CB430995967.jpeg

Baby chick pics:
7741CDEF-2DB3-4959-841E-52EB36027681.jpeg
A674F8DD-6550-4ED8-BB4E-ACF83972A179.jpeg
B9C865BC-65F5-4C5B-BBDA-C53EF7E0B972.jpeg

I get a feeling that she may be an Austra White
Found some here on a BYC thread from long ago.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/austra-whites.888675/post-13788173

View attachment 2913952

Here is another link to same thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/austra-whites.888675/post-15320398

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
Oh her face looks really similar, but im not sure if they can be fully white or can have black markings on them since she doesn’t have any. Also she has longer/thinner legs than austras, kind or reminds me of game fowl but im not really sure if she is a game fowl hen.

Last edited:
I get a feeling that she may be an Austra White
Found some here on a BYC thread from long ago.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/austra-whites.888675/post-13788173

View attachment 2913952

Here is another link to same thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/austra-whites.888675/post-15320398

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
Austra whites have black spots. I've never seen an all white chicken breed with pink legs, is it possible she could be a mix?

Where did she come from?
she came from a breeder that sells modern games, polish, brahmas, cemanis, and sebrights. think he has other breeds but they are not listed.
Austra whites have black spots. I've never seen an all white chicken breed with pink legs, is it possible she could be a mix?
might be a mix, weird that a breeder would give me a mixed bird though since he keeps his flocks breed specific. could be one from a private collection flock maybe?

she came from a breeder that sells modern games, polish, brahmas, cemanis, and sebrights. think he has other breeds but they are not listed.

might be a mix, weird that a breeder would give me a mixed bird though since he keeps his flocks breed specific. could be one from a private collection flock maybe?
It is none of those breeds, and probably not a cross of any of them, either. There are two breeds that it resembles.

One is white Phoenix. These should have slate blue legs, but I have seen them with white legs. So maybe a possibility.

The other is white Minorca. This is an extremely rare breed in the USA, but it ticks all the boxes as far as coloring and type go.

Your best bet is to try and contact the breeder, and asking her or him.

It is none of those breeds, and probably not a cross of any of them, either. There are two breeds that it resembles.

One is white Phoenix. These should have slate blue legs, but I have seen them with white legs. So maybe a possibility.

The other is white Minorca. This is an extremely rare breed in the USA, but it ticks all the boxes as far as coloring and type go.

I agree that she looks like white phoenix hens, just the white legs are different but you do say that some may have white legs.

Im actually not from the USA but i don’t think ive seen minorcas around here. Only spanish white-faced chickens. Sometimes someone bring in interesting breeds in though so who knows.

I will be trying to contact the breeder. He is not a big scale breeder, more like a hobbyist. So he should know what it is, unless he got the egg from a friend. Ill update if and when he answers.

She's a mixed breed.

Just got word from the breeder! Shes a Japanese onagadori hen. What is the diffrences with onagadoris and phoenixes? Ive had a phoenix roo but never had an onagadori.

Back
Top Bottom